Starting a Business
Where to start a business, how to start a business, and which business to start? These are all questions we receive regularly from entrepreneurs wanting to do business in the Town of Barnstable, MA.
Most often an entrepreneur’s search begins with taking a vacation on Cape Cod or shopping in Cape Cod stores, and leads to a discussion on what business to start.
We have prepared this guide to assist entrepreneurs who want to start, expand, or relocate a business within the Town of Barnstable. We work closely with our member experts, the Town of Barnstable, the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce, the Cape Cod Commission, Coastal Community Capital, and other State and Federal agencies to help you as a business owner in your business ownership, expansion, or relocation quest.
Please review the services provided by our member experts, contact officials within the Town, or access the resources of other governmental agencies to assist you in your efforts. Please contact our Economic Development Specialist to direct you most efficiently to our available resources.
Our community is rich in history, the arts, and culture, and is home to many attractions. Learn more about becoming a member of the Hyannis Area Chamber of Commerce and how we can help you market and promote your business!
State and Federal Agencies:
- Barnstable County Government
- Cape Cod Economic Development Council
- Cape & Islands Small Business Development
- US Small Business Administration
- SCORE Cape Cod Chapter
- South Eastern Economic Development Corporation
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center
- Massachusetts Export Center
- Center for Women & Enterprise
- United States Department of Commerce
- US Export Resource
- Internal Revenue Service
- Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority