The Greater Hyannis Chamber of Commerce presents business and individual awards each year at the Chamber's Annual Dinner. All are welcome to nominate a business or an individual for an award.
- new business, in operation for 18 months or less
- business with 1-25 employees business with
- business with more than 25 employees.
- Citizen of the Year in memory of Patrick Butler
- Community Service in memory of JFK, Jr.
- Unsung Hero in honor of Henry Farnham
Awards for Individual Citizens
Citizen of the Year
The Patrick Butler Citizen of the Year Award was established in 1977 to recognize an individual in the community.
- Distinguished themselves through their volunteerism
- Dedication to their occupation beyond normal performance with an emphasis on community involvement
- Recognizable contribution to the business community
Community Service Award
The John F. Kennedy Jr. Community Service Award was created to honor the memory of John F. Kennedy Jr. and is given annually to a person who has demonstrated exemplary community service.
Members of the HACC Board of Directors are not eligible for nomination.
Unsung Hero Award
The Henry Farnham Unsung Hero award is given periodically to a business person who
- Quietly leads or participates in a project that has a long term impacts on the community.
Business of the Year Award Qualifications
1. Must be GHCC Member in good standing.
2. Exceptional performance in any one of the categories below. Please submit supporting details and provide examples.
- Good business practices
- Innovation in products or services
- Response to industry or business-related adversity
- Business Growth
- Management philosophy
- Community involvement
The Business of the Year selections will be made by the Greater Hyannis Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
Business Award Categories
- 1-25 employees
- Over 25 employees
- New Business
Hyannis Chamber's Community Calendar of Upcoming Events